Monday, April 12, 2010

There is beauty all around

I can go almost anywhere within two to three hours and see the most incredible scenery. To the northeast is the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. And I travel through gorgeous country just getting to those locations. To the northwest is Sun Valley. To the south is the Wasatch mountains. Well, the idea is that there is beauty all around.

But it is the unknown to the regular tourist locations that are really the best. Places off the beaten path where I can enjoy the beauty in relative solitude. Places like Panther Creek in central Idaho where my grandparents once had a ranch. Or Diamond, McCoy, Deep and Slug Creeks in eastern Idaho near the Wyoming border where I loved working for the Forest Service.

And if you're up for some traveling I would recommend seeing Alaska. If you're a lover of natural beauty you will not be disappointed. I can guarantee it.

Truthfully, right out my front window I enjoy a wonderful view of Mt. Bonneville (and Pebble Creek Ski Area) as well as lava rock outcroppings to my left less than a quarter mile away. But, wherever it may be that you live I believe you won't have to go far to experience incredible beauty. I do believe it was planned that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment