Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Getting to know Jesus Christ

As I listened to several talks this past weekend I felt of the Spirit. I felt the closeness of the Savior and the love of my Heavenly Father. Then Monday came and I wondered (and worried) about how quickly those things I'd listened to just a few hours before would leave me. Today I read passages from an article in the Church News. It referenced remarks shared by Robert L. Millet, professor of ancient scripture at BYU. The thing he emphasized was getting to better know and understand our Savior. "It is important for individuals to know who they worship," he said. "In the end it matters precious little what we know about a myriad of things, if we have not come to know through the power of the Holy Spirit, the God we worship."

It is only through Jesus Christ, who is our Savior, our Redeemer, our Lord, our Advocate of with Father, that we can return to our Heavenly Father. We can not do this on our own. Without our Lord, Jesus Christ, we have nothing, and with Him we have everything. I ask everyone who reads this blog to know that I always put Jesus Christ first in my life and try to learn more and more about Him with each passing day. I rely on Him to help me battle the evils of mortality. I encourage all of you to follow your Savior, to learn about Him and His mission, and to always remember that only through Jesus Christ can you be saved. As Elder Millet said, "As Latter Day Saints, our religion is life, 24/7."

We must seek out the Savior and live according to His commandments and will at all times. We need to learn more about our Savior so that we can always have His perfect live to guide us.

No comments:

Post a Comment