Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mother Eve

I think the veil is placed over our eyes when we come to our earthly estate, but through our faithfulness we're allowed a glimpse of little snippets from the side we came from. I believe this first happened with Adam. We all know the breath of life was first given to Adam and then to Eve. When Heavenly Father came to visit Adam and Eve He asked Adam what name he'd given the woman and Adam answered "Eve." Heavenly Father then asked why he would call her Eve, to which Adam replied, "because she is the mother of all living." Heavenly Father then said that is correct.

There are many people I look forward seeing when I cross the other side of the veil. Some, like my mother, who I knew well here on earth and others, like my aunt Bonnie and grandma, who I only knew in the first estate. Along with family members from a more recent past, I am also greatly looking forward to seeing once again father Adam and mother Eve.

I believe Adam and Eve look down upon our generation with great love as we continue to bring together all of their children through temple work. As this work passes on to our children and future generations it will continue to grow and the love of our first parents will grow with it.

It is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment