Sunday, August 8, 2010

Helaman's Army (The Song)

In Sacrament we often have a song in between talks. I think most wards follow this practice because the Lord's heart delights in hearing a gospel song. And my heart is also warmed by hearing ward members (with beautiful voices) sing. Today's song was about the 2000 strippling warriors, or son's of Helaman. I'm not sure of the title, but it is something like the Army of Helaman or Helaman's Army. Someone can help me out with that.

Anyway, three young sisters sang this song beautifully with their mother accompanying on the piano. The song was in support of a young elder preparing to enter the mission field who'd just spoken. I guess I was blessed with a certain writing ability, but when it come to voice (carrying a tune) I was not so blessed. So when I hear a song beautifully sung I take it in and cherish it, just as I know the Lord does.

If you have a singing voice put it to good use and sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment