Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Prophet

For some time now religion has weighed heavily on my mind. Being a Latter Day Saint I have a unique perspective in that I belong to the Lord's church. I belong to the church because of the simple, humble prayer of a young boy in a grove (it would be called sacred). The prayer offered by this young boy was answered as all other prayer are, but perhaps this was something special because this young boy was visited by his Heavenly Father and His only Begotten Son, our very Lord, Jesus Christ. When the prayer and Heavenly visitation was complete the young boy, Joseph Smith, Jr. returned home changed for the reminder his mortality and beyond and we were soon treated to the restoration of the gospel, the dispensation of the fullness of times, and a prophet who would take his place with Moses, Abraham, Enoch and one who other latter day prophets would call the greatest man to walk the face of the earth, save the Savior only. I have such a strong love and respect for Joseph Smith and wholeheartedly concur with what those prophets have said of him.

I am so lucky to say many my ancestors were early church converts. Their faithfulness has helped prepare me for what is true and right and I am encouraged to follow in their faithfulness. Like any human, I make my share of mistakes, but I have such a wonderful base.

Remember, all my LDS friends, that we belong to the greatest organization in the world and Jesus stands at the head. And all of this we have because young Joseph Smith kneeled down and spoke in humble prayer.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment